Thursday, August 21, 2008

The No Rush-iest thing I saw today!

I love checking out garage sales, especially on a whim as I drive around town. I am a sucker for signage like: "MOVING SALE!" or "Multi-Family Sale!" and the best is "Estate Sale!". I will follow those signs around and see what kind of treasures they lead me towards.

I saw a sign in my neighborhood the other day that was not nearly as enticing:


Isn't a perpetual sale actually a STORE?

On another note, the Great Minnesota Get Together starts today! Yes, the Minnesota State Fair is now open for business. I love the fair and I hope to find lots of fodder for drawing when I go on Sunday.

If you love the fair too, or if you need to be educated about the MN State Fair, I recommend the blog My Pronto Pup. The mere fact that someone has a year round blog dedicated to the Fair should be a big clue as to how much people here love the Fair. The author is one of MANY people who go every day of the fair (August 21-Labor Day).

Also, I saw this crazy article in the Strib today about a family from NW MN who walked 400 miles to the fair with an ox cart. What?!?!? I am not sure if the pronto pups and cheese curds are THAT good!

4 comments:

sarah said...

these people are my kind of people!

Mimi said...

Oh that's funny... because really isn't everything perpertually "for" sale?

And yes, that is a cameo on my dress.... I got my dress off the rack at April Cornell... not even a wedding dress! Sh! And the cameo cost more than the dress! It's beautiful! I love it.

I went to college in Holland, MI (my dad grew up there) and my uncle used to fly planes for Kelloggs

Mnmom said...

Ah the Fair - everything under heaven on a stick and covered with cheese.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the yard sales and moving sales and especially estate sales. And flea markets and county fairs.