Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Plaidest thing I saw today

Up at Gooseberry Falls my friends and I ran into a couple who had gotten lost on their way to the Sadie Hawkins dance...in the early 1990's:





The couple were clearly older than high schoolers, but they wore their matching out of date clothes as they frolicked through the falls. The guy even had an old style Twins hat.

I hope that they have been enjoying all the time that they have been together. I wonder if they know Kurt Cobain died.

10 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Holy crap, Kurt Cobain is dead?

Missy said...

Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

WritRams said...

Dang, I hate when someone beats me to a "Kurt Cobain is dead?!?" comment...

Citizen said...

The day the music died...again.

How very sad. It would be better if they didn't know.

Rand said...

Old style Twins Hat!!

XUP said...

They were expressing their love and commitment to each other. Everyone knows you can only really do that with matching out-of-style outfits.

sarah said...

pearl jam!

The Pirate of Selby Avenue said...

By "old style Twins hat" do you mean the one where the fat guys are shaking hands across the river? 'Cause that's my favorite.

B said...

i seriously had a friend who in 2002 looked astonished when i referenced curt cobain's death in conversation. "wow," she said. "i wondered why they hadn't come out with any new music."

i was like -- are ya' kiddin' me?!?

Sornie said...

Dammit, now you have spoiled my reading... I was catching up on older issues of Rolling Stone. Seriously, Kobain's dead? How did he die?