I am suppose to tag 7 others to do the same, so if they are game, I would like to hear from:
And awaaaaaaaay we go:
- I do not bring it up often, but I love Garth Brooks and some other late ‘90s country music. I have all of his albums, even that weird alter ego Chris Gaines album- which is not as bad as one might think.
- If I had the power (or WHEN I have the power) I would ensure that everyone had a paid holiday from work on their birthday. We all deserve at least that day to take time for ourselves guilt and worry free.
- One of my favorite things to do used to be filing my CD collection in alphabetical order by artist, then in chronological order by artist. When I moved more often, I would save this unpacking task until I could be alone and savor the job. Now that I use digital media for listening to my music most of the time, I get sad when I file away CDs that I have been using. I know that I am less linked to my music collection now and I miss the excitement of an album being released or searching for a used treasure at Cheapo.
- I was a waitress in college, so I was almost always busy on Friday and Saturday nights. When I had one of those nights off, I cherished it and always did something fun with the time. After I stopped waiting tables, it took me years to allow myself to just relax on Friday and Saturday nights. I had this urge to fill them all with excitement because they were so special in my mind. I am over that now. I spent last Saturday night sewing and watching movies alone- and it was grand.
- I recently took a weekend job as a counter server at a wonderful artisan bread shop. While the idea of getting to work by 6:30am does not thrill me, the job has actually been fabulous. The shop is always busy, the time flies, the customers are nearly all regulars who love to shop there, there are fun people who work with me and the owners are so dedicated. Surprisingly, I am actually a little bummed when I do not work there on the weekends. (actual footage)
- I have a very hard time waking up in the morning. This has been a historical problem. For years I have had multiple alarm clocks and even now my Mom actually calls me every work day to make sure I get up. However, if my bedroom door is closed and you open it I will bolt upright in bed. I guess my subconscious is ready to respond to an intruder.
- I love when we get a thick snow cover overnight. I love when the trees limbs are heavy with white flakes and the yard is pristine- no foot prints or snow angels or anything. I really wish that everyone could stay home on these mornings to just snuggle up, look out the window, and enjoy the simplicity and calm of the new snow. The ugly truth is that life must move onward and that the new snow causes problems with traffic and tends to make people crabby.