Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The clingy-est thing I saw today.

This couple was crusing down the open freeway at top speeds. The hefty gentleman was wearing his helmet and the spritely lady (note that despite my poor drawing, it was an adult woman) was not.

Without getting deep into to the helmet law debate, I have to say I think she should have had a helmet or a bungee cord or something on....


because she could not even reach around her man's waist. She was merely clinging to his back!

I feared what inertia might do to her if they took a turn to sharply or had to stop quickly.

I hoped she had strong hands and that his shirt was made of a high quality cotton.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bungee cord thing is hilarious.

Hey - I didn't know that you lived in Powderhorn Park. Is that true? A friend of mine once wore a Powderhorn t-shirt (she lives in Sibley) and she was accused of being a social climber. ha ha.

Missy said...

I totally live in P-Horn, right off the park. I have a P-horn tee too. Maybe I am a social climber!

B said...

well maybe their shirts were both velcro...one with the hook side and one with the loop side. they just stick together, ya know?

Missy said...

Ah ha ha! I like that idea!

sarah said...

i wonder if he even knew he had a passenger? maybe she was secretly hitching a ride?

Sheree' said...

I just found your blog and love it. The poor girl on the motorcycle. Scary! I love your drawings, them make me smile. :o)

MDelin said...

Sarah George: Haha!
b: Hahah ahah!

I can't top that.. I know one thing - this just made my day :)

Nabeel said...

you should see how things role in Pakistan and India .. the motor bikes hold 4 people there .. two kids in the front, husband and wife in the back .. and everything runs smoothly .. not many accidents happen.

The Pirate of Selby Avenue said...

maybe velcro was employed