Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Jammin'-est thing I saw 7 years ago!

I was waiting for a bus in with my friend in LA (First off, no one seems to take the bus in LA and let me tell you, I have never felt more like I was out of place or more aware that we were both natural blond haired, blued-eyed Midwesterners than when I saw the reactions from the bus driver and the other passengers when the two of us got on that bus- people were pointing at us, smiling, and shaking their heads! I think the bus driver was tempted to tell us we should take a cab.) and we witnessed this man truly enjoying himself on his commute:


This guy had his radio blasting and his tambourine out rockin' along.

Brings a whole new level to enjoying drive-time radio!

Maybe he had to miss band practice, but I like to think that he really had the music in him!

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Excellent!

I saw a guy a few weeks ago with drumsticks using the steering wheel as the "drum" -- he was totally Jammin'!

Mnmom said...

Love it when I see that. I always rock out in the car, but sans instruments. And if my teens are in the car I'm ordered to sit still and stop singing, which of course makes me do it even louder. Poor kids.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I used to get the weird looks when I rode the bus in Roanoke, Va.

Anonymous said...

If you'd said someone on the bus had a tambourine and was rocking out, I wouldn't have been surprised. But tamb-ing while driving...wow.

2HelpUs said...

Hilarious -- I take the bus everyday, but have never experienced that!

B said...

Wow. I'm gonna start driving with a tambourine LOL

Maybe some maracas too!