Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The steepest thing I hiked over the weekend.

Hello there!

I went to Custer, South Dakota over the weekend and hiked up to the face of the Crazy Horse Memorial with my family. The trip brought much fun and many new things to draw for you.

I need to catch up on my drawing, so I am cheating and showing some pictures for now.

Here we are at the top:

I am not sure if you know about this monumental monument project, but one man started it 60 years ago with a chisel, a hammer and some dynamite. No public money is being used to complete it , it is oodles bigger than Mt. Rushmore and it probably will not be completed within any of our lifetimes.

That is crazy!

The first weekend in June they let you hike through the rugged woods to the top. I recommend it if you like hikes, woods, and singing songs like "Climb Every Mountain", "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "The Happy Wanderer".

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Very cool! Would love to try this one day!

Citizen said...

How about that? We know someone who did that too! And I like all those things! That sounds like our kind of trip!